Monday, February 6, 2017

Color Magic: 33 Ways to Write Yellow


Greetings, Wizard Writers!

Part 2 of my Color Magic series focuses on the color yellow in writing. As mentioned in Color Magic: 45 Ways to Write Blue (see my prior blog entries), I've compiled lists of different ways to write colors so we're not always using the same boring word. This list was constructed from paint color swatches, a tip I love to share with other writers. Below is a list of 33 ways to write the color yellow, and I hope you can find uses for these in your own writing.





golden spell
chickadee
feather
butter
summer wheat
honey
banana
pineapple
sunset glow
lemon curd
lemon drops
sun glow/sun ray
summer sun
summer moon
summer star
sunflower
colonial yellow
lantern light
Irish Cream
moonlight
butterfly wing
sorbet
dijon
mustard
sunny
golden
dandelion
summer
corn
curry
bee
canary
lemon ice


Traits and emotions related to the color yellow:

Intelligence
Pleasure
Cheerfulness
Sunshine
Radiance
Brightness
Warmth
Clarity
Self-confidence
Happiness
Optimism
Wisdom
Enthusiasm
Ideas
Thinking and Analyzing
Compassion
Energizing
Power
Fun


Check back Friday for my next blog entry: Presto POV 

In the comments, please let me know what other words you use to describe yellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Pick a Color! A Spectral Breakdown of Character Traits